So . . . . I’m a bit behind on my blog challenge. 13 days in fact. “Holy crap, how did that happen?” you ask. Don’t I have anything to say for myself?
Well . . . first there was Mess Fest. Where I led kids in 3 hours of crazy, messy, wacky games. And then I let them torture my by pouring 12 Bags of Doom on my head. Bags which contained . . . 12 raw eggs, 11 packets of oatmeal, 10 cups of gold fish, 9 cups of popcorn, 8 cans vegetables, 7 cans of applesauce, 6 boxes of cornmeal, 5 bottles of chocolate syrup, 4 bottles of mayonnaise, 3 cans of whipped cream, 2 bottles of vegetable oil, and 1 bag of feathers.
This is what I looked like when I was finished . . .
Needless to say, I was exhausted the next day. Like, could barely keep my eyes open. Then on Saturday I had to be at work early to lead a training, so it was an 8am-8pm kind of day. Sunday I had four services to teach, run a few errands, head home to pack, drive to Buffalo, and then wake up at 3am on Monday morning. 3 A.M. All that so I could catch a flight to California. I spent all last week in Anaheim for a conference, which was great, but pretty non-stop. In between our 12 hour days I was working on writing a sermon. I got back into town late Friday night and then preached four times this weekend. So Monday I slept a lot, went to dance class, and then got a ridiculous migraine. So . . . crazy couple of weeks.
Anyway, the Day 11 blog challenge is your Top 5 Bucket List Items. Yikes, I have no idea. I don’t want to be held accountable for these as my Top 5, because I haven’t put a lot of thought into it. But, these are five things I definitely want to do before I die (in no particular order):
1. Learn to play the guitar. I started once, but then I got the opportunity to move to the Middle East and so I stopped. Can’t wait to start again, just need to get a guitar first.
2. Play the role of Jane Eyre, in the musical version. I’m pretty sure I was born for that role.
3. Travel to places I haven’t yet been: Italy, India, New Zealand, Ireland, Scotland, England, Mexico, Canada, South America, and so many more.
4. Learn to sew. I’ve just always wanted to be able to do this. I’m convinced I could make the cutest crafts, and it would be super handy for Musical Theatre Camp!
5. Return to the Middle East. I’ve been twice, and lived there for a year. I love it there!
6. (I know I’m not supposed to have 6. Sue me.) Become a foster momma. ;o)
What are your bucket list items?